If you are enjoying hot summer days filled with sunshine, then you need to mind your skin and be aware that too much exposure to bright sun can effect an unhealthy stimulus to your body temperature and cause several physical and emotional ailments as a result. Here are some tips:
- Use Belladonna 30c if you have been in the hot sun all day and start to develop signs and symptoms of sunstroke. Pounding headache, exhaustion, feeling disorientated, slightly sick and nauseous .and looking flushed.
- Nat-mur 6c is for when you have dehydration and is also for those of you who hug the shade. People who need Nat-mur tend to have a fairly high body temperature anyway and can't cope very well with it rising further. They dislike sunning themselves or over heating in any way. They easily develop headaches as they tend to sweat and are usually thirstless, so dehydration creeps up on them unnoticed. They feel very uncomfortable in hot weather and dislike uncovering and wearing less clothing. They can break out easily in prickly heat rashes. Use this remedy for sore eyes from extra sensitivity to light in astigmatism.
- For prickly heat rash, with itching and small raised red spots use Apis 6c. Use also for swollen ankles.
- For preventing adverse reactions to bright sunshine, (excluding skin burn which needs all the usual measures of high factor sun cream) use Sol 30c. Take one the day before exposure and one daily during your holiday or in general if spending alot of time in summer sunshine.
- Try the Bush Flower Essence Spray: Solaris. Reduces adverse effects from sunshine. This Spray is a beautiful thing to have if you have toddlers and small children out enjoying long summer days but collapsing in a heap of overwrought irritability in the evenings afterward!
Remember to always drink water, and eat plenty of fruit. Fruit has a high water content , is nutritious and also pulls toxins out of the body and so is a must for summer. Try to eat most of your daily fruit in the mornings as that is its best time for assimilation and absorption.