Many people do not realise that homeopathy is a resource and powerful tool for life. They think of it as being a medicine or alternative treatment to seek out when nothing else works. Their use of homeopathy is purely based on attending a professional homeopath for a diagnosed illness. Homeopathy is boxed off and compartmentalised.
But homeopathy as a natural resource, is a daily help, a day-to-day-thing to have in the house especially if your household is a family. You can learn enough yourself in order to use homeopathic remedies successfully. You can obtain a kit of remedies to have at your fingertips at home and choose a remedy to give to yourself, your partner or your child whenever the need arises. With enough basic knowledge you can develop a skill at home which means your family can go anti-biotic free for years.
So here are some of the ways in which homeopathy can transform your life as a parent, support your moments of madness and feelings of frustration and distress and address anxiety which you may have about health, germs, illness, and ease the financial burden of raising children to be healthy.
- You can learn to use homeopathy in the home to treat many, many minor incidents of illness. For example, coughs, colds, ear infection, sore throats, chest infections, colds, flus, some accidents and minor injuries, digestive complaints such as constipation, bouts of diarrhoea, tummy bugs.
- Using homeopathy saves you a fortune on visits to your doctor. Because homeopathy works very quickly and effectively, working parents do not have to take as much time off to rush home to a sick child or spend as much time nursing a sick child back to health. For working parents who are under alot of pressure at work, who have used up all their holiday days and the good will of their employer...this will ease stress.
- For attachment parenting, homeopathy is incredibly helpful......it can smooth the way to successful breast-feeding (sore nipples, milk supply issues, thrush, mastitis), address sleep disturbance, tiredness. It can help a mother experience less stress for feeling isolated amidst many other mothers who are taking a different approach with their own children ..homeopathy can help with self-doubt, criticism, loneliness, vulnerability, empowerment in decision-making. It can support the parents' desire to pursue a more natural and balanced family and home life.
- Using homeopathy changes your feelings and attitude toward sickness and also toward health. When day-to-day infectious illness is handled naturally and correctly, it can support the development of a very high-powered , strong and efficient immune system. This safeguards future health and can lead to a robust constitution. This transformation can happen even in children who are delicate. The best protection against illness in this world is not medication or even natural remedies but strong immunity.
- Homeopathy can address side-effects and adverse effects of vaccination and immunisation. Children whose health has never been the same since vaccination or have been more seriously damaged by vaccination do not have to remain sickly for life. Parents need not feel helpless and regretful of their decision. It is never too late.
- Homeopathy can be used for travel. Many family holidays which have been ruined by sickness, food poisoning, poisonous bites, fevers etc and would have been saved if a parent had their homeopathy kit to hand.
- Today, many people fear germs. They fear exposure to germs as they do not trust their own body's capacity to defend itself. A sick person coughing and spluttering on a bus or a train often attracts glares and anxious looks from fellow-travellers. They resent this person for exposing everyone else to their germs. Included in the practise of homeopathy is an understanding of susceptibility. It is a well-known fact that there is always a minority of people who do not succumb to viruses despite exposure. The key between one person succumbing to illness and another person remaining healthy is their own inner state. Preventative health care is about recognising when one is becoming vulnerable and taking steps to address it. Homeopathy really helps you to connect with the body and understand its own intelligence, its own workings! You can use remedies to re-balance issues straightaway. So remedies can address exhaustion and burn-out, over-stimulation and overwhelm, irritability and sensitivity. It can address emotional shocks, ups and downs in mood and sudden responses to difficult events. Instead of becoming sick, one can sail through the stress because of the right help and preserve the balance of the body by preserving the balance of the mind. Children benefit so much by witnessing the confidence a parent can show in often having a solution to their problems and needs. They grow up with true knowledge and the ability to take a large degree of personal responsibility for their own health.
- The parenting journey must be one of the most challenging journeys a person can undertake. Worrying about your child, worrying about how they are faring, feeling angry with yourself and reproaching yourself, feeling guilty or afraid. Trying to give your child enough self-esteem to negotiate the world, protect them from bullying, protect them from abuse of all kinds , help them to stand up for themselves should the need arise.....the list goes on and on. Parenting can be an emotional roller coaster........homeopathic remedies can help with all of these feelings and more. Remedies can be used after incidents at school, to soothe hurt, ease fear and worry, to give a refreshing uplift of extra courage and trust. Troubles that may have been struggled with for weeks or months can be overcome within days. And when something bad happens leading to medium-term or long-term consequences,. well, homeopathy has the power to heal. And children remain free of deeper traumas. And parents too. Homeopathy can help a child if they ever do have to go to hospital or have surgery or have any large event to deal with. Homeopathy helps with nightmares, bed-wetting, shyness, timidity, intellectual difficulties such as trouble with spelling, words, writing, numbers. Homeopathy can help an over-tired child. Homeopathy can help children with grief and loss. It can help them to cope with change, transition to a new school, make new friends. Homeopathy can help balance hormones and provide great relief to suffering teens. Homeopathy is one of the most powerful tools in the world for providing healing to children with special needs, learning disabilities, ADHD and autism. . The list of help available to parents and their children is endless...............
- Many parents strive to give their children what they would have loved to receive from their own parents. They struggle to do the right thing by their children and that struggle can sometimes involve immense sacrifice and be stressful. For all you parents out there who experienced a painful and difficult childhood which leads you to intense anxiety about doing the best for your own children..homeopathy is a healing balm. It can address the after-effects of abuse and suffering in your own life. It can help you to relax and trust yourself, trust your decision making. It can empower you to be the parent you always longed to be and thus heal the hurt child inside you. You can use homeopathy to help yourself and your children and to find a new way forward. Parenting can truly evolve and help the next generation to make a new leap forward. Homeopathy is a resource for parenting for social change. New ways find new helps...and this is one of them.
I shall leave you with the words of Kahlil Gibran which has inspired me so much as a practising homeopath and as a parent:
They are Sons and Daughters of Life's longing for itself,
They come through you but not from you
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For your life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the make upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with his might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the Archer's hand be for gladness
For even as He loves the Arrow that flies, so He also loves the bow that is stable"